the time to read them...

Books I have read. More for me than for you, but I guess that depends on who you are. If you stalk me, than this will probably be more useful for you than me.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

welcome

I have been keeping track of the books I read since the end of last year. I have a hard time remembering what I have read unless I write them down. I have been storing them on my school server, as the list is mainly for me, but a few friends have asked to see the list so I am turning it into a blog.

Here is the low tech version.

The title is based on a quotation which has been misattributed to several people (including Warren Zevon) but I have not yet found the actual person who said it. The quotation is:

'We buy books because we believe we're buying the time to read them.'



This is mainly the reason I try not to buy books. Buying books is the kiss of death for me--if I don't have to return them, I'll never read them! Support your library! :)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found the original quote just today because I was looking for it too. :)
    The original is from Schopenhower (I may have spelled that name wrong).

    "Buying books would be a good thing if one could also buy the time to read them in: but as a rule the purchase of books is mistaken for the appropriation of their contents."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home