the time to read them...

Books I have read. More for me than for you, but I guess that depends on who you are. If you stalk me, than this will probably be more useful for you than me.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Things You Should Know By Now

Things You Should Know By Now: A Mini-Life Manual for the Quarterly Aged


This is another Relevant Books (read: hip Christian publisher) book. The title was apt, since most of it was stuff I already knew! Or had chosen to ignore (ie How to play poker).

I have recently been reading quite a few of these "Stuff everyone should know" books and have come to the conclusion that I either:
1. Know how to do whatever it is, and am amazed that other people do not
2. Think "this would be helpful if I ever needed to do this, but I when that time comes I will never be by this book (which is my general opinion of the "worst case scenario" books) and it is too boring/long to read or commit to memory.
3. Why would I ever need to know this?
4. There is a much easier way to do this. Who would do this in such a complicated way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home