the time to read them...

Books I have read. More for me than for you, but I guess that depends on who you are. If you stalk me, than this will probably be more useful for you than me.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Playground by Jennifer Saginor



I read this very quickly and enjoyed it. It was very "Behind the Music." How could a 15 yr old stealing Hef's girlfriend not be a compelling read? Parts of it were a bit bitter and kind of dragged the story down. I could see if the entirety of the story was about how her childhood sucked, but there were too many happy memories for that. I guess the mixed bag is a result of real life. At many, many points I really wanted to yell at some of the characters "Just do X!" (X being a variable, not ecstasy.) I find books/movies where I feel that way frustrating, and this book definitely wore thin by the end, but was an enjoyable train trip read!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home