the time to read them...

Books I have read. More for me than for you, but I guess that depends on who you are. If you stalk me, than this will probably be more useful for you than me.

Monday, April 24, 2006

The Sociopath Next Door



I read the first few chapters of this book and was completely bored. I guess I thought it would be more about how to figure out who was and wasn't a sociopath and how they dealt with daily life. I put it aside. Actually, it fell underneath my bed. And I had to return it to the library soon, so I ended up skimming through it and really liked it. Perhaps it was in reading it out of order and piecemeal that made it a much better book.

I still don't feel I have an incredible grasp on what determines if someone is a sociopath (although 4/100 Americans are one). The book had great narrative examples of sociopaths IN ACTION that were really compelling. This is a little dry for a "fun read" but the examples, which span many pages, are really interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home