the time to read them...

Books I have read. More for me than for you, but I guess that depends on who you are. If you stalk me, than this will probably be more useful for you than me.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Traveling

Usually when I travel a lot, it forces me to read a lot of books on planes and waiting for trains and such. Recently, though I have been travelling at funny times, and have had a monster cold the whole time. This means I sleep consistently during travel. I am thankful for the shuteye, but it's bringing down the reading!

So recently I have read two books at the home of my host in Austin, TX. I read


The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy by Tim Burton
This was good, very Edward Gorey, except with more resolution. I like Gorey but every time I read one of his books I expect a story with an ending and then am just confused. This was that same Gorey feel with some witty resolution! Yay!


The World According to Mimi Smartypants by Mimi Smartypants
I used to read Mimi Smartypants a lot, but she kind of dropped off my radar a few years ago. I read again a couple of months ago, and to my horror she has a kid and the blog is totally lame now. Bummer. So reading this really reminded me why I liked Mimi Smartypants in the first place. Let this not be misconstrued to mean that she is lame for having a kid, but that her writing is now not as personally interesting now that she does.

Now I have to cough all over things and get on another plane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home