the time to read them...

Books I have read. More for me than for you, but I guess that depends on who you are. If you stalk me, than this will probably be more useful for you than me.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Great Psychedelic Armadillo Picnic : A "Walk" in Austin by Kinky Friedman



I read this and some other austin travel guides as I am going there Thursday for SXSW. While this book was amusing, I don't know how helpful it was to tourists! It seems a lot like Chuck Palahniuk's Fugitives and Refugees : A Walk in Portland, Oregon which I enjoyed because I actually lived in the town. The books are part of the same "Crown Journeys" series, which I now want to read more of. I have the D.C. one in my ipod because it's by Christopher Buckley, but I intend on reading the Chicago one too.

It was a fun read and did talk about the geography and restaurants to visit. And who doesn't love Kinky Friedman?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home