the time to read them...

Books I have read. More for me than for you, but I guess that depends on who you are. If you stalk me, than this will probably be more useful for you than me.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

1000 Signs


This is part of the Taschen/Colors 1000 series. I read 1000 Extra/ordinary Objects. I liked it a lot, but it took a long time. This was very fast, since signs need little explanation. In fact, the signs I wished had explanation because of their language or because they are conditional on the environment they are in, had no explanation. There were passages of writing and I could not for the life of me understand their relevance. Again, they were oddly moralistic/political screeds, totally irrelevant to the sections (man, land, etc) they were in. I liked this book, but it would have been so much better if the translations of the foreign signs were included.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home