the time to read them...

Books I have read. More for me than for you, but I guess that depends on who you are. If you stalk me, than this will probably be more useful for you than me.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Anyone but You

Anyone but You by Jennifer Crusie


I love Jennifer Crusie's books even though:
--they often include long passages about animals
--some people consider them romance novels
--usually half the book I am annoyed that people in the book believe so strongly in stereotypes.

If you know me, you will know these three things would most likely steer me clear of a book, but I LOVE her books. They are really funny and end up basically as an antidote to everything the media says about how to "catch a man." Which is great, and I am sure why women love to read her books.

Basically this one is about an "older" woman who falls for a young dr. but refuses to sex him up because she is afraid that she's an old ugly hag. But he's also in love with her. Yay! Also there is a subplot about a friend of hers writing a novel. In almost all of the Crusie novels I have read there is usually some secondary love story, and I had totally tried to guess it at the beginning of this book, and there were hints along the way that it would work out and then nothing, so that was a weird loose end that never got ties up. Also, this book uses the term "alcoholic" for what I would term "casual drinker." So, that was a little weird. At the end of the novel everyone stops drinking! Yay! What? Why is that even in this book? No idea.

Either way I read it very quickly and it was a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home